Walk down the street via the complex simplicity that is Richard S. Allen II as he delivers his world experiences in which he lives, through his random beliefs mashed with unorthodox skills of technological writing and vivid color. Its the gift and the curse.

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Man In The Mirror

Howdy Folks

Been a while, just dropping in to spread a little verbage. Its been a roller coaster ride, filled with all the mysteries of the bottomless drops and the mountainous climbs these past months. But before I take my seat on the contraption of life and buckle in for the ride, every morning I begin the day the exact same, rolling out the bed and going straight to the bathroom and looking at myself in the mirror. I do this to remember who I am and what I stand for, I do this to make sure I know this is real, that life is happening, right before my eyes. I do this to talk to the one person that really knows me best, that man in the mirror.

The great thing about the man in the mirror is that he knows exactly who I am. He knows exactly what I'm thinking, he knows exactly whats to come next, sometimes even before I do. The man in the mirror is not what the world sees me as, rather the carbon copy of the original document. We all know that you can replicate the original and tweak it to the way you seem fit once you download it. But with that original staring right back at you, you see the truth of being right before your eyes.

Minutes turn to hours, hours to days, and yet I wake up and visit that man in the mirror every morning. With a blank stare, he tells me about myself, without moving his lips. He communicates with me letting me know what's going on for today, and recaps my events of life the previous day. He helps me cope with my pains, and cheers me on with my successes in life.

I have become quite fond of the man in the mirror. Before, I would have my meeting with him, then tweak the document and present it to the world, edited and equipped with all the glitz and glam for the untrained eye to deceive. But as of late though, the world has been able to see behind all the smoke and lights, for the man in the mirror as told me that it was time to be, ME. To be the same person, I was in the mirror outside of it. The man in the mirror as taught me how to be just what he is, a man. Through lessons of love, pain, failure, gain, he has guided me has given me great understanding with every conversation we have. He's really intelligent, if only I listened to him more often ya know!

Love me or hate me, it really doesn't matter, its all the same, for its not up to you to decide how I am to feel about it, and he has told me that things in life are just that, a mystery. It's up to me and the man in the mirror do decipher the mystery, but not to dwell on it.

So in closing, I wanted to just wanted to tell that man in the mirror, Thanks, thanks for being there for me during this crazy ride. The turns are getting less sharp, and I can feel the speed decreasing. Hopefully the end is near. Hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. So - the man in the mirror.... are you asking him to change his ways? It's gonna feel real good, its gonna make a difference..... Heck, It'll probably make it right...

    ReplyDelete