Walk down the street via the complex simplicity that is Richard S. Allen II as he delivers his world experiences in which he lives, through his random beliefs mashed with unorthodox skills of technological writing and vivid color. Its the gift and the curse.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Home Improvement

Hey people,

Today I wish to embark on you an idea that I'm trying out. Now, this is nothing new, rather the implication what I'm about to attempt is rather unique. I thought I share the process and maybe inject the thought of becoming a better you than you were yesterday. How do you do that? My friend S.Dot uses the coined acronym K.I.S.S.(Keep It Simple Stupid), and this is so simple that we have done it in our lives externally, but not internally.

Every year we write these New Years resolutions in attempt to better ourselves, following these goals so well for a week, a month even, but many of us revert to previous mindset, locking you in, or even caging yourself back into your former situation. Famous quote: "If you keep doing the same things, your prone to get the same results." I agree with that statement WHOLE HEARTEDLY, as I'm as guilty as they come, falling back into the hell hole in which I've attempted to crawl out of over and over. That rock that I place my foot on, the slick one, that I know is slick, yet keep trying to use as my exit, finally it has hit me that I just cant make my way out by that means.

So why am I going to do, to better myself, become a better ME, the best me I can be (Damn sounds like I'm promoting for the Army) I digress. How do I move forward in becoming new and improved. Well its so easy, yet so misunderstood, maybe I can help.

See we all want nice things, we all envision ourselves in the life of material things. But what happens when we don't have it. Take a house for example. You decide to purchase a home, it's not the IDEAL home, but we know the phase, "HOME IS WHERE YOU MAKE IT". Now, your home is fairly old, and dated, and needs work to becoming a better home. So you decide to fix it up, and how do you do that? You search the house for all the "problems" and decide if its salvagable or does it need to be redone, right? So I'm referring to the floors, the roof, the tile, the plumbing etc, etc. These are the things that need to be fixed in order for your house to become better. Now, it's not easy, and you cant always do it yourself, but you tend to get it done right?

Well becoming a better you uses the same concept. Finding out, what's wrong with you, evaluating what is manageable and what you are going to need to fix or replace, and putting out the time, effort, and acquiring the right people to help you fix yourself. See, where we fall is that we say that we want to become better people, but our foundations, our core problems are never addressed. So you start building on top of faulty, rotted, rusted, foundations its only a matter of time before all you worked on begins to breakdown, the "problem" spreads like a virus, like mold, like cancer, virtually killing all the work you've done on top. And for what, because you didn't do it right the first time. Well, I haven't, I didn't do it right the first, nor second, nor third, but nows my time. Nows my time to build the house from the ground up, the house that people love and enjoy and want to be apart of, the house that doesn't shut down every year for reconstruction. They say a happy home, is a healthy home, well I say being happy with your personal home (yourself) is where we all want to be, we just need the tools to get it done, and the want to begin our home improvement. So if you know that you have been just covering up your problems, I hope this has enlightened you to gut yourself and fix your roots. This will help you become a better you, and thats what we all want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment