Walk down the street via the complex simplicity that is Richard S. Allen II as he delivers his world experiences in which he lives, through his random beliefs mashed with unorthodox skills of technological writing and vivid color. Its the gift and the curse.

Monday, February 1, 2010

When & Where the World Turns To

Salute, Hello's & Greetings,

I start my thought today with history of communication in my lifespan, and boy do I tell you its been AMAZING. I remember NOT having a phone, rather just going to your friends house, by foot (WHAT YOU USED TO WALK??) or bike. We will call that age, the Manual Communication Era. During the Manual Communication Era I used to have to (Lord Permit) walk across the street to go see what B.Will was doing. But the Manual Comm. Era was fast, swift-like and gone moving us to the era of the House Phone. The House Phone changed the world for us kids, oh, and if you had your own phone line.... You was so red carpet status.

My sister, Renee, had her own phone a few times (i say a few because she lost it so many times just the same) but I couldn't give my people that number, now isn't that some crazy shit. We lived five feet from each other with the damn phone in the middle of the hallway, but it was HER phone.

So this is when my game changed, without the House Phone Phoenominia, I stayed on my Manual Comm. Only I would just wonder off into the world of Sterling Green playing. Mommy would get PISSED because she couldn't find me. So with intervention, I skipped the House Phone and went to the Beeper at age 11 LOL.

Now needless to say, alot of the parents were baffled, "why does this 11 year old boy have a pager?" Some thought I sold drugs, others thought I was in a gang, but it was simply my mamas leash. If she beeped, it meant, BRING YO ASS HOME lol.

So fast forward to now, I'm sitting and blogging bout my communication history. We are so connected, from Yahoo ChatRoom, to AOL (You Got Mail) to Facebook, Myspace, Gtalk, Ichat, texting, we got so much shit I really don't even know which realm I need to contact you to tell you to read this, HELL or to just say Hi even. Do you have a friend that you call, no answer, you text, no answer, you tweet, no answer, BUT if you post on their Facebook wall, they sure hit you back and QUICK? Whats wrong with that picture, hell I just heard a co-worker tell me she texted her son to tell him dinner was ready.

As the world turns, the technology gets greater and greater, but this week, lets bring back that Manual Communication, whether its far or not, your friends, family, and loved ones are worth more then an email(a FWD: one at that) or a text message. Im guilty of that,yes I do it too, I do it too.... Lets bring it back!! Ready??

No comments:

Post a Comment